Skip to content
Scroll to Top
- We are driven by the interests and passions of the Hoffberger family. We conduct our philanthropy in ways that bring us together in joint service, strengthen the bonds that cross generations and family branches, and sustain the legacy of our forebears.
- We recognize that private philanthropy plays an important but limited role in meeting society’s needs. Local, state and federal governments, as well as other organizations and institutions, also have an important role to play.
- We limit the focus for our giving to meeting specific, defined unmet needs in the community. We commit to funding areas for specified periods of time, and seek to stay the course long enough to see results.
- We have a responsibility to give more than money to the causes we care about. We provide leadership, time and ideas.
- We have a responsibility to help educate others about the needs our philanthropy seeks to meet and to advance the causes that fall within our areas of funding priority.
- We recognize the limitations of our own experience and therefore seek and heed the counsel of outside voices.
- Every grantee and every stakeholder is an equal partner and our respective contributions help achieve outcomes that are greater than the sum of their parts.
- We view every experience and outcome as an opportunity to learn and are committed to sharing what we learn with others.
- We expect integrity from our partners, including fellow collaborators and grantees, and demand ethical behavior of ourselves.
- We are open to growth and change and invite succeeding generations to identify the areas of unmet need that spark their passions and enthusiasm.